Conflict Resolution, and Troubleshooting

Students: If you encounter issues with your request for reasonable academic accommodations, contact the office that requested the accommodation on your behalf (such as DSP or Social Services), or contact one of the following offices

Student Advocate’s Office [Confidential]

  • Provides free, confidential, student-to-student assistance for undergraduate and graduate students navigating issues with academics, financial aid, accusations of misconduct, instances of harassment and discrimination, and other grievances within the scope of the university.

  • Phone: (510) 642-6912 |Website: | Email:

Ombuds Office for Students and Postdoctoral Appointees [Confidential]

  • Confidential conflict resolution services, coaching, referrals, clarifying policies and procedures.

  • Empowering students to make informed decisions with the goal of resolutions that meet their needs.

  • Phone: (510) 642-5754 | Website: